Legal Scholars Pipeline Program
The FMU Legal Scholars Pipeline Program (LSPP) is designed to inspire students to consider careers in the legal profession. Through collaboration with regional high schools, voluntary bar associations, and other organizations, the program will create a pipeline of talented students who are college-ready and prepared to successfully pursue undergraduate degrees in Law and Government from Florida Memorial University and ultimately enter law school.
To create a talent pipeline from secondary to postsecondary institutions to educate and mentor future attorneys, judges, and law professors
- Develop pipeline programs for area high school students to ensure they are college-ready and prepared to successfully pursue undergraduate degrees in Law and Government from Florida Memorial University
- Engage participants with career-readiness clinics, mentorships, and internships, embedding within them the values of leadership, character, service, scholarship, and accountability
- Expose participants to the work of social justice and connecting them with social justice practitioners to groom the next generation of change agents
- Coordinate with area high schools to create and develop curricula and programs that support both college- and career-readiness
- Develop partnerships with area law schools to facilitate admission for program participants
- Establish micro-internship and internship experiences for participants at all levels that will provide the practical experience necessary for entry into and navigation of their legal careers
BENEFITS OF THE PROJECT
- Increase the number of highly-prepared Black lawyers
- Expand awareness of career opportunities within the legal profession Increase enrollment and graduation rates for students in the Law and Government program at Florida Memorial University
For more information about the FMU LSPP program, please contact Dr. Tameka Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 305-626-3955. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Mr. Cory Witherspoon, Vice President for University Advancement, at email@example.com or 305-623-1443.